Why I'm Blogging in 2026


I enjoy showing off my vintage RPG collection, to friends and family. But I don't always have the time to tell the full story of each item, so I've decided to write it all down so it's ready to share.

While each item has it's own story, I'll stick to the same format for my blog posts most of the time. The format is:

Title

Introductory paragraph about the item named in the title.

History

A quick, confidently correct (I hope) and maybe a little confidently incorrect history of the item, based on my own research and understanding. Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

Rules

Notable information on RPG rules specific to the item.

Printings/Generations

Notable information on different printings (paper) or generations (dice) of the item.

Reprints & Retroclones

Where you can get reprints including downloadable pdfs or Print on Demand (POD) versions. Retroclones are newer or newly published clones of the item, intended to provide the same basic game or information as the original, especially if the original is out of print or unavailable.

My Memories

What I remember about the item, generally as a pre-teen or teen, when I first encountered and played these RPGs.

My Copy/Dice

How I obtained my copy of the item or dice, and anything special or unique about it.

Minutiae

Any final notes on minor characteristics or associated information about the item.

Comments

Popular Posts